Rush Limbaugh is wildly popular, divisive, and conservative. He’s also a “mere entertainer” as the RNC chairman initially suggested before the prod was inserted. But this isn’t the problem with the CPAC inviting him to speak. The problem is that he is out-of-his-mind crazy.
Limbaugh warned the CPAC that Republicans should not let concerns about racial insensitivities limit criticism of Obama’s policies.
“It doesn’t matter to me what his race is. He’s liberal, and that’s what matters.”
“The racism in our culture was exclusively and fully on display in the Democrat primary last year,” Limbaugh said.
“We didn’t ask if he was authentically black. What we were asking, was, ‘Was he wrong?’ We concluded, ‘Yes.’ ”
“The racism, the sexism, the bigotry that we are all charged with …doesn’t exist on our side,” he added.
With that, I present to you the top 10 list of racist comments made by Rush Limbaugh:
1. “I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.”
2. “You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.”
3. “Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?”
4. “Right. So you go into Darfur and you go into South Africa, you get rid of the white government there. You put sanctions on them. You stand behind Nelson Mandela — who was bankrolled by communists for a time, had the support of certain communist leaders. You go to Ethiopia. You do the same thing.”
5. “Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”
6. “The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.”
7. “They’re 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?”
8. “Take that bone out of your nose and call me back (to an African American female caller).”
9. “I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They’re interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there’s a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn’t deserve.”
10. Refers to Barack Obama as “Halfrican American”
Quote #5 from above says it all. Rush believes all white people are as racist as he is, and he’s the only one with the guts to say it.